The title comes from my favorite song, “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield I listen to this song any time I need inspiration and redirection in my life.It reminds me that change is not only necessary but expected in life. It also reminds me that I am in control of my life and anything is possible.
I am lucky because when I was going through a rough patch in my life, my brother gave me this song on CD and a copy of the lyrics framed. It has been on my wall or in my room ever since that day. I’m not sure he understands or realizes how much this means to me and how it affected me then or still does today.
So how do I live my life with arms open wide? That’s the easy part. I experience life and keep open minded to new experiences. This has led me to meet many different people in my life and experience things I never would have done. It also caused me to make my own bucket list.
So here’s part of my bucket list.
- Buy a house
- Learn to ski (and hopefully not break anything)
- Learn to be a first responder
- Learn to ride a motorcycle
- Ride a motorcycle through the country (since my boyfriend has one, this should be even more fun)
- Take a trip to Ireland
- Take a trip to Russia (my great-grandfather came from here)
- Learn patience
- Love like there’s no tomorrow
- Balance family, work, and home. (I’m off balance at the moment, and it’s a work in progress)
I hope everyone lives life to the fullest and develops their own bucket list. But don’t just write it down, do it. Life is short and you never know where you’re going to end up. Experience life and enjoy the ride!